To explore David’s scientific and general interest writings, pick a topic at left. Or check out his recent essays on psychology and life at TalkPsych (a selection of which will be among a forthcoming essay collection to be published in 2022 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux). Or perhaps one of these essays would be of interest:
- 2021 Inside Higher Ed article on the benefits of captioning for all.
- 2019 Perspectives on Psychological Science article on his hearing loop advocacy
- 2017 Quartz article on politics and evangelicalism.
- 2015 Scientific American Mind _article on the teen brain & juvenile life sentences
- 2015 Wall Street Journal article about hearing loop technology.
- 2012 Perspectives essay advocating marriage equality.
- 2011 APS hearing article on harnessing the human factor in hearing assistance.
- 2009 Perspectives essay on national secularity, individual religiosity, and human flourishing. For more data, see here.
- 2009 Wall Street Journal essay on bridging the gay-evangelical divide.
- 2008 Los Angeles Times essay on why we care who wins.
- 2006 Los Angeles Times essay on President Bush’s intuition, and our own.
- 2006 Society of Personality & Social Psychology (SPSP) Presidential Symposium presentation on the red-blue divide
- 2005 APS Observer essay on psychology and religion
- Essays that explain his advocacy for “hearing aid compatible assistive listening” for fellow hard of hearing Americans
- 2005 APS Observer essay on “Teaching Tips”
- 2004 Los Angeles Times op-ed essay on why we fear the wrong things.
- 2004 Los Angeles Times op-ed essay on cognitive dissonance and the Iraq war
- 2004 Holland Sentinel op-ed essay on anti-gay marriage amendments
- Chapter on psychological science and spiritual pursuits
Articles on psychology and faith.
For complete list of David’s journal articles see his CV.